Monday, August 3, 2009

6 Years "I miss you Mom"

Yesterday marked 6 years since mom passed away. I remember the day so vividly, as if it was yesterday. I remember holding her hand as she left us, she opened her eyes for just a brief moment as if to say goodbye. The last conversation I had with her was on the phone,the day before she passed away. Her last words to me, were that she loved me very much and it was going to be ok. I cant believe that was the last time we spoke. Something I learned through moms illness was that Heavenly Father answers our prayers, we don't always like the answer but he truly loves us and wants what is best. In every blessing mom was given throughout her illness she was never told she would beat this. She was blessed that she would have the strength to endure. As a family you want someone to tell you she will be fine, that she will make it, that assurance never came. I think individually we all knew that her work here was done. She suffered much, we were greatful when she was finally at peace. The last day her friend Sherry spent with her, she told Sherry that her mother was there. What great comfort to know in her final hours she was meet by her mother. In the years since mom passed away I have been so blessed with 2 more children, I look to her so often for strength. She was a very special mother, she loved her children with all of her heart. She gave so much to us. I hope that I can be that amazing to my kids. She laughed a lot, and she gave us amazing memories. We took so many trips together, it was important to her. I will always remember her as a great mother, great friend, a teacher, and someone who could always make a bad day brighter.
I remember one time I was having a bad day, and talking to a friend about it on the phone, telling the friend I needed something new. A new outfit to brighten my day. My mom must have over heard the conversation, as soon as I was off the phone, she said, "Lets go to the mall." She took me there bought me a new outfit :) Sounds kind of trivial but it meant so much. Mom would have loved her grandchildren, she would have spoiled them rotten, I know that someday we will all be together she will laugh with them, and hug them to pieces. I love you MOM! I miss you everyday!

2 comments:

  1. I loved reading your post Lisyl!! It made me cry so hard. You are so strong, I am not sure how i would handle your situation. You have a wonderul family and I have so many memories of being at your home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great tribute to your mom, she sounds like a wonderful person.

    I also loved your pictures. You have such a cute family!!!!

    ReplyDelete